Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Quick Hits (8/31)

Nothing of that much importance in the headlines for the Blue Hens today, so here are a few of the minor story lines of the day:

  • U. Talk with Kevin Tresolini - Sean Baner has won the kicking duties for the Blue Hens, including kickoffs and punting, over last year's kicker, Mike Perry.
  • @kevintresolini's Twitter - In his status here, Tresolini brings up the absense of Mike Perry at practice.  A senior this year, it would be interesting to see if he tries to transfer and keep a year of eligibility (if that is even possible).  Also, Kevin states that both QB options seemed to be splitting snaps, but that Sasek looked to be the starter.  I said this during my previous post that the body language of the players will give away who will be under center against Navy and it looks as if I was right (go me!). 
  • CSNPhilly College Football - Preview of the upcoming season for the Hens with a highlight on trying to move past last year.  Being from New York, I am rather anti-Philly, so this is one of those articles that seems like a dig from a Villanova writer just before the season as a little reminder.  I am only posting it because it is out there and it would be worse of me to avoid it than put it out there to make up your own opinion.
  • College Colors Day Commercial - I already posted about this and that you should never need an excuse to wear the blue and gold, but this is a commercial airing on TV for the "event."  I was told that Delaware and Montana were the only two FCS schools featured on it, but when I watched, I was severely disappointed.  Watch the video and see how tiny the little Blue Hen head looks next the V's of 'Nova and Virginia, and the Penn State lion logo.  I seriously hope that Delaware got the same pay as everyone else for this ad, or if they had to pay to be a part of it, that they paid less.  Whatever.  Still going to represent anyway.
I will be traveling most of the day tomorrow, but there should be a post ready to go around mid-day. Otherwise I will be headed to the DC area and then to Navy on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment